VIU’S short range capital priorities are responsive to an immediate need to replace old, inefficient buildings and capital infrastructure which have exceeded their useful lifecycle, and are no longer adequate.
VIU’s five-year capital plan includes a proposed capital expenditure of $198.8M, including the development of $169.3M in buildings, and $29.5M in campus infrastructure.
Capital priorities for the next five years include the planning and development of the following projects:
- Health and Science Centre ~ $58.2M
- Sports, Health and Wellness Centre (Gym) ~ $46.9M
- University Centre ~ $63.2M
- Central Transit Exchange and University Boulevard ~ $4.5M
- Campus Infrastructure Upgrades ~ $25.0M