Why United Way?
The United Way changes people’s lives for the better by tackling pressing social issues in your community.
Together, we are possibilty!
The United Way of Central and Northern Vancouver Island has created a campaign video featuring VIU's own president, Dr. Ralph Nilson! He joins donors, volunteers, Community Partners and supporters from all over the Central and Northern Vancouver Island regions.
United Way focuses your donation to achieve impact in three areas:
- Help kids grow up healthy, safe and strong.
- Support healthy people and strong communities.
- Move from poverty to possibility.
Your Donation Goes Towards Your Community
When you give to United Way, your gift stays local - right here at home. Proceeds from the VIU/United Way Campaign will support over 26,500 people through more than 82 programs on the Island and in Powell River. Your donation is invested into services to help those in need – your friends, neighbors, co-workers or maybe even yourself, when you need it most.
Read about the impact of our donations and the people who have benefitted.
- United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island serving the Central and Northern Island (from the Malahat to Port Hardy)
- Powell River and District United Way serving the Powell River District